Monday 11 June 2012

A costume fit for a (burlesque) Queen!

A HUGE congratulations goes out to Australia's Imogen Kelly for being crowned "Reigning Queen of Burlesque" at the Burlesque Hall of Fame 2012 in Las Vegas last weekend!This is a huge honour in the burlesque world, you could say it's like winning the award for Best Picture at the Oscars! 

I am delighted to say that Imogen was wearing costume pieces made by me underneath her extravagant feathered costume, head dress and boa (not made by me). 
For Imogen, I made a Bra and Panty set covered in baby pink beaded fringe with Swarovski rhinestone embellishment:

The bra was front-fastening, and the Panties had a keyhole at the back for a cheeky peek-a-boo effect.

Worn under the Bra and Panties was a Dlite G string with matching Pasties and a Sandrina (a classic burlesque costume style - essentially an underwire Bra without cups). 

Each item was made in a medium beige lycra and heavily embellished with Swarovski rhinestones in the following colours: Crystal, Light Rose, Light Rose AB, Rose, Rose AB
I'll post a link to Imogen's award winning performance as soon as it's available online!  In the mean time, go and check out some of her other acts on youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Imogenkelly/videos  and visit her website: www.imogenkelly.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Flo, I love this costume. Sorry I haven't done a shoot in it yet. I promise I will soon- until then, your mannequin is doing a bang-up job. Love HRH Queen Imogen X

    ReplyDelete